Monday, February 3, 2014

January favorites, on a budget!


So the first month of 2014 has gone by so fast! I can’t believe it! It also means that I have the chance to start the first of many favorites post.

Although I am a little late I managed to put together some of my favorite products I have been using this month.

Hair Care
I have been using the Garnier wonderful oil, that was a Christmas present, and it does wonders to my dry ombre tips. I use it before I use heat on my hair or when I let it air dry I apply a little to my wet tips.


 Makeup 

In what concerns makeup I decided to try a make-up base from a Dutch store called Hema. The store is just like Target, but everything is in Dutch haha. The base works as a primer for your face and it has a translucent color so every skin tone works with it. It smooth’s out the skin and keeps hydrated as well. I am not a huge fan on liquid foundation and this base is very light and easy on my skin, so it works as a great substitute.

My elf Jumbo Eye shadow stick has also done wonders to my tired eyes. I like to apply this in my inner corner of my eyes and my brow bone and it just gives my eyes a more awake look. I tend to use this peachy color rather than white just because it gives a more natural look to it.


And of course my lip balms have been with me this month. I have been using the Born Lippy from the Body Shop, along with the Labello soft rose, just because the weather has been very dry and cold I my lips are simple suffering a lot from it.


Nail Care
For my nails I have purchased some nail polish wipes also from Hema. They don’t have acetone so they are not as aggressive on my nails and my fingers ( I am a nail and skin bitter and the acetone is really harsh on my fragile nails and my cut fingers), and it removes the polish quite easily and keeps the nails strong and healthy.


I also got a 4 way nail filler to file and take better care of my nails. I didn't know how well this type of filler worked, but now that I have been using I love it, and it keeps my nails strong with a natural shine. And it also facilitates my work when filling, keeping my nails even and not letting them break as easily!



I hope your January went well and that you enjoy this new month
Lots of love and hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment